Human papillomavirus associated oropharyngeal cancer. hhh | Cervical Cancer | Oral Sex
Department of Ophthalmology, Grigore T.
E-mail: moc. We report the detection of HPV 52 in a sample taken from a year-old patient with squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva of the left eye.
- It has been demonstrated that the human papillomavirus HPV type 16, a subtype of the human papillomavirus, is present in the oropharyngeal carcinomas of non-smokers patients inclusive.
- Specificații Human papillomavirus associated oropharyngeal cancer Genden masterfully blends two lauded Thieme books, Reconstruction of the Head and Neck, focusing on defect repair, and Head and Neck Cancer, a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach to treatment.
The method used for the detection of HPV was real time polymerase chain reaction. The evolution was favorable after surgical removal of the tumor and the patient was explained that long-term follow-up is essential to avoid recurrence.
Keywords: Conjunctiva, eye, human papillomavirus 52, real time polymerase chain reaction, squamous cell carcinoma Human papillomavirus HPV infection is strongly associated with anogenital tumors cervix, penis, vulva, vagina, anushead and neck cancers oral cavity, esophagus, larynxand nonmelanoma skin cancers squamous and basal cell carcinoma.
The association between HPV infection and eye tumors is little explored territory.
Di Girolamo brings forward a two-hit theory that explains cancerogenesis in OSSN: The first hit is mediated by ultraviolet radiation exposure that causes genetic alteration and the second hit is mediated by HPV infection in the susceptible cells.
Case Report We present a unique case of squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva examined and treated in June The year-old patient presented at the Ophthalmology Department for mild stinging sensation and redness in human papillomavirus associated oropharyngeal cancer left eye for almost 1-year and a half.
He has been treated for the last 2 months with dexamethasone eye drops for scleritis by another ophthalmologist.
The patient admits being a heavy smoker for almost 30 years and that in his free time he practices agriculture without using sunglasses. All other ophthalmological findings were normal.
- Gardasil impfung fur jungen
- Strains of HPV 16 and 18 are strains with a high cancer risk, known to cause almost all cases of cervical cancer while also increasing the risk to develop oropharyngeal cancer.
- Cancer de prostata benigno e maligno
- Human papillomavirus 52 positive squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva
Conjunctival culture was performed before surgery, and no bacterial infection was found. The CT scan of the head and neck showed no signs of tumor invasion of the orbit papiloma pleoapelor în jurul genelor the lymph nodes.
Human papillomavirus associated oropharyngeal cancer limbic lesion human papillomavirus associated oropharyngeal cancer removed surgically with 2 mm margin of normal tissue and diathermy of the adjacent sclera was done.
At the end, the remaining temporal defect was restored using a supero-nasal conjunctiva graft fixed in position with interrupted and surjet The excised tumor was cut into 2 fragments: One for pathology preserved in formalin and one for HPV genotyping preserved in Cobas polymerase chain reaction PCR solution and refrigerated at 4°C until processing. Histopathology exam showed a moderate differentiated keratinized squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva without koilocytosis [Figs.